Oceanography, also called oceanology or marine science, is the branch of Earth science that studies the ocean. It covers a wide range of topics, including marine organisms and ecosystem dynamics; ocean currents, waves, and geophysical fluid dynamics; plate tectonics and the geology of the sea floor; and fluxes of various chemical substances and physical properties within the ocean and across its boundaries.
Our Oceanography Glossary contains terminology, definitions, acronymns, places and people associated with the study of the ocean. Whether a teacher, student, or someone interested in the field, you will find this glossary an invaluable reference guide.
We have built this Oceanography Glossary application with an extremely easy to use interface. We have designed it so that you can quickly and easily find what you are looking for without the confusion, limitations, and frustration of numerous applications on iDevices
Do you know of any Oceanography terms that we overlooked when we created this application? We would love to include them. Just use the applications direct email and we will include your suggestions in our next update. With the help of our customers, we constantly improve our applications to make the user’s experience more enjoyable and rewarding.
- Terms, definitions, acronyms, abbreviations, places, and more terminology dealing with Oceanography
- Very easy to use Glossary based interface.
- Powerful search engine that can be used to quickly and effortlessly find what you are looking for.
- Our unique interface makes browsing this application a breeze.
- Direct email access to us through the application.
- Give us feedback directly through the application.